- On 17 Feb, 2017
- In blog , moving-company
- Tags Apartment Movers in Katy , commercial Movers in Katy , house moving company , houston moving company , houston texas moving companies , katy home movers , katy movers , movers katy , moving companies in katy tx , moving katy , moving services houston texas , office movers in houston , Office Movers in Katy , Residential Movers in Katy , sugarland movers , sugarland moving company , Top Movers in USA
Packing tips For Your Next Move
Relocating to a new house is more than a mere change of residence. It means creating new ties with neighbors, the community, and finding your footing. With so much to do, it’s essential to make the process of moving, at least, as smooth as possible. Even something as simple as learning to pack correctly can reduce stress. Here are some simple tips to help:
Do away with things you don’t need
The first order of business is to downsize. Discard and donate what you no longer need or want.
- Use proper packing material-Paper, bubble wrap, foam and packing peanuts can prevent fragile items from breaking. Wrap each one individually so that it can endure knocks and bumps. Place them in moving boxes that are available from residential movers in Katy. You can also lay down linen and towels beforehand to cushion fragile objects against damage.
- Pack beforehand-Separate what you need and what can be packed away. It’ll save you time and the trouble of last-minute packing. Essentials that you can’t do without can be placed in a bag or a suitcase for easy retrieval.
- Pack wisely-Avoid stuffing large boxes with heavy items like books. Lifting them can be cumbersome and even lead to injury. You want to place lighter objects in larger boxes and confine heavy items into small cartons.
- Organise packing-Try to group similar items together. For example, artwork can go into one box while utensils can go into another. Packing things randomly will only make it difficult to find later on.
- Use labels-You’ll be amazed by how many containers belongings can fill! To reduce the hassle of pinpointing which box contains what, label each one accordingly. Mark which side should go up as well and clearly indicate which boxes contain fragile items.
- Limit the weight-Try to keep the weight of the heaviest cartons at not more than 50 pounds. There’s always a risk of them coming undone, which is a mishap you want to avoid.
Anything can happen when relocating to a new place. Keep belongings safe and sound when moving them by learning how to pack correctly.