Changes in career and life will cause you to make moves, sometimes to new cities and sometimes to new states. Along the journey you’ll find that even with planning, at any given moment a wrench may be thrown in to the mix. You may have to saw away at other options or even tool around to find what you’re looking for…but without a doubt being prepared is going to allow for a smooth transition into your new home.
Here’s a list of FIVE tools you shouldn’t move without:
1. Packing Tape: Super handy and reliable, packing tape is like your moving sidekick! Useful for repackaging boxes, you can also use it to attach screws, washers, or small pieces to furniture. Simply attach the tape underneath furniture to keep all small parts secure and together. There’s nothing worse than getting to your new place, settling in and being unable to set up a bed frame or TV mount because your missing a screw that holds it all together.
2. Dollies: Consider both! There are two types that are perfect for moving into your new place.
Furniture dolly has a level surface attached with four wheels. It helps move large pieces of
furniture safely while distributing weight evenly. A utility dolly is standard and sits upright with
two wheels perfect for stacking boxes, carrying breakables and ultimately makes moving
easier on your back.
3. Moving Blankets or Pads: Keep everything valuable just that! Furniture whether new or old,
hold value. It might have been your very first adult purchase or generations-old heirloom,
but for whatever reason it’s value is important to you. Wrap furniture with blankets and pads
to keep items from being scratched, dented, or ruined. Using them also prevents walls or
floors from being damaged. Depending on weather, blankets are perfect from
keeping items dry and safe from spills.
4. Ropes and Straps: Find all items in place and still intact. Items may move during the shuffle,
but strapping items down keeps them from flying off in traffic and/or damaging furniture.
Either item is extremely affordable and can definitely save you time and money.
5. Stair Roller: Avoid a rollercoaster of emotions. Helpful from moving from an apartment to a
two-story house. In your efforts to move items up and down repeatedly the stair roller is one
of those tools that can make all the difference.
Moving in to a new place can be stressful, but having the right equipment can definitely make your transition painless. For assistance, call reputable movers like the Foxx Moving Company in Katy. Proudly serving nearby communities for the past 30 years, Foxx Movers know the tools of the trade and can provide you with all the services you’ll need to get settled in.